Connect Canon Printer to WiFi and Make Printer Wireless Setup
Canon printer is an inkjet printer that uses bubble-jet technology? The specialty of canon is reinforced by world-class technology like optical, imaging, and industrial products. It offers a comprehensive product portfolio that includes Copier MFD; managed document services include the printer, documents, and Fax-Machine, etc. This printer is good for home use includes a photo printer. This printer also provided is high graded in service and support. If you want to connect a Canon printer to WI-FI, you can follow the instruction carefully.
Points to keep in Mind Before Canon Printer Wireless Setup
First, insert the cartridges and pages properly check the power LED lights.
In order to connect canon printer to Wi-Fi, you must know your network username and password. If you don’t know from where you will get it to check the label on the back of the router and look under “Default Wireless Settings” or you can find it on the document provided with your router.
Also, make sure to install the printer driver.
The process to Connect Canon Printer to Wi-Fi
- Press the “Power” button of your printer to turn it on.
- Go to the setting option and press long it.
- Click on the “Arrow “button and move to the device setting selection and click on the “Ok” button.
- Open the LAN settings tab and click on the “OK” option.
- Again press on the “Arrow” button and gain open the wireless LAN setting.
- Then click on the “OK “button. Now your printer will start presenting WIFI networks. If the light blinks on the printer it means your network has been found.
- If the process to catch a WIFI connection takes too much time then click on the “stop” button and you will be redirected to LAN setting again.
- Now click on “OK” and you will find the WIFI network soon.
- When catching the WIFI networks enter the WPS password and click ok.
- If you entered the correct password, the printer screen will show connected.
Wireless Network connection is the main step for the printer and also need to care about Wi-Fi router must have a WPS button with WPA orWPA2 security protocol. After the printer with wireless network connection then you need to connect with windows as well as Mac. Canon printer wireless setup steps with windows and Mac were discussed below:
Canon Printer Wireless Setup on Windows and Mac
For Windows, you can download the driver from canon.com/ijsetup. After that double click on the downloaded file and finish the installation procedure. Open the Run command though pressing Win Key +R. Then write “control/name Microsoft. Devices and Printers” in the Run dialog box then click Ok. Now you can see the “Add a printer” button after opening when “Device and Printers” folder. At last, select the “Add printer” and follow the instruction on the screen and finish the procedure and click on OK to complete the whole windows connection process.
For Mac, you need to on Mac device and printer. After that you need to download the driver from canon.com/ijsetup and select the Apple menu>select system and preference and select printer and scanner” option from the prompt screen. For adding a printer, you need to click on + sign. From the pop-up window, click on canon printer and add. After adding a printer, you can see the printer’s name on the left side screen of the computer. Finally, Canon wireless printer setup with Mac successfully connected.
Those are connecting printer through USB connection they need make sure printer and USB cable should be well connected. Hopefully, you are able to successfully connect your Canon printer to the WiFi network by now. Still, this issue is bothering you or you have any questions please let me know.