HP wireless printers can be connected to a Wi-Fi network using a password. If you have changed your router, you will also need to change the WiFi password on the HP printer. Once you change the password details on your HP printer, your printer will be easily connected to WiFi. The process of changing the password on an HP printer is not that complicated, and you can also do it by visiting the WLAN section of your HP printer. If you don’t know how to connect your HP printer to your new Wi-Fi, you need to refer to the steps we are going to discuss on this page.
But before proceeding you need to find the password details for your HP printer. If you do not have password details you can also use the WPS button to establish a connection between your HP printer and WiFi. If necessary, reset your router to connect to your printer.
The process to Change WiFi Password on Hp Printer
The password you set for your router’s WiFi is also the password for your HP printer. If you do not remember your router password you will need to reset the router to retrieve the password details. You can easily reset the router using the WPS button. If you do not know the process, you can contact these steps to connect your HP printer to WiFi:
- Go to the control panel and click the WiFi icon
- You must now select the “Network” option.
- Go to the WLAN section using the UP and DOWN arrows
- You should now find and click on “Search for available devices”.
- Find the address of the router
- Go to the router and find the WPS button on it
- Now press and hold the button
- Go to the printer screen and click the address of the router
- Wait a moment and allow the printer to connect to the router
- Finally, you have changed the router password
How do I get the password for the HP printer?
You can easily obtain your HP printer password by following the steps below:
- Access the control panel of your printer
- Now tap the “WiFi” icon.
- Go to the “Networks” section.
- Now choose the “WLAN” option.
- Here you will find the name of your router, click on it
- Now select the “Show password” option.
- After completing the steps above, you will be able to obtain the password for your HP printer.
How do I connect my HP printer to a new WiFi?
HP Printer users who change their WiFi network need to connect the printer to it. You can easily connect your new router to the HP Printer by approaching the steps given below. Make sure you enter the correct password details in the required field to complete the process:
- Find and click the “WiFi” icon from your HP Printer’s control panel
- Now visit the ‘Network’ section using the UP or down arrow
- Next, go to the ‘WLAN’ option on it
- Now, get to the “Connect a network” option
- Confirm your WiFi is working and then click on the router’s address.
- Now you need to wait and allow your HP Printer to establish a connection with the router.
All in all, HP printers can easily connect to a WiFi network by providing details of your router password in the WLAN section. In case you are also one of them the printer lost the Wi-Fi connection because the router password changed the problem. However, you can solve this problem by changing the password of your router. A simple and clear process to change the WiFi password on an HP printer is given above on this page. Hope you learned the process of changing the HP Printer password with the help of this post.